Karyn Jones
Karyn Jones, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Diploma of Counselling and Transactional Analysis Counselling, Lifeline counselling, Pastoral Care.

i have been taking straterra for two months and vyvanse for

Customer Question

i have been taking straterra for two months and vyvanse for two weeks.
having impulsiveness, aggressiveness, no motivation and angry outbursts.
my doc wants to switch me to buspar and adderall. im not sure thats the right answer.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Karyn Jones replied 5 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for bringing your very real concerns to Just Answer regards XXXXX XXXXX possible unpleasant side effects.
I believe I can be of help to you with your inquiry.
With regards XXXXX XXXXX present side effects those you have mentioned in your post ..The contraceptive ( Loestrin Fe 24) could very likely be the cause of your mood swings and apart from other common side effects while taking this drug...bloating, breast /swelling tenderness are also inclusive of that..and is certainly worth looking into another sort of contraceptive prior to your Dr wanting to switch you over to Buspar and Adderall at this early stage ...Another natural 'supplement' that has proved most successful for women past and present and is called 30 PLUS it is a natural supplement that is designed to assist in the relief of hormonal fluctuations or imbalances related to PMS..and the good news is that it does not contain hormones and is not known to cause problems for women who are using oral contraception.
The black cohosh (Cimicifuga racemosa) extract used in 30PLUS has been standardised to provide a consistent and effective form of the active ingredient.
and contains a specific range of the active from the black cohosh plant, thereby giving you a more consistent and effective result..After two weeks of taking just one tablet in the morning and one in the early afternoon the results are amazing...I am presently taking them myself..
However, I am uncertain as to whether you can purchase them over the counter in USA as they are manufactured in Australia..but the good news is that they can be purchased in either 3 months or 6 mth lots..( probably cheaper to go for the six months) and sent worldwide free of charge.(.I will post the online website for you to read and order if you feel you would like to.)..well worth the investment I think as generic medication tend to leach essential vitamins and minerals out of ones body.

I would therefore get back to your Dr to discuss your concerns with regards XXXXX XXXXX another form of contraceptive instead of switching to two other medications hopefully they will take it in board..if not then I would seek another as it is your body and its ultimately about you. ...Also ( please ask your Dr what side effects will come with any new medication, because unfortunately every medication has them to a degree).

I do hope this has been helpful to you if it has please 'accept' my response as it also helps greatly to keep this valuable service going for you and others in the future..
Best wishes
Karen S(ClinicalDipCounBmin)