Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's

how do i conquer always turning to food for comfort... just

how do i conquer always turning to food for comfort... just over the past 2 years this has happened.. due to worry over my mother developing alzheimers.. my father died.. plus a new job.. long hours at work
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.
Hello- I am sorry to hear about your battle with food and weight.
Asking for help is the first step and it is my recommendation that you get involved with OverEaters Anonymous. If you go to there website, you will find the location of meetings. The power of group support is amazing and you will learn how to cope without using food.
I also recommend the book, " Overcoming Overeating: How to Break the Diet/Binge Cycle and Live a Healthier, More Satisfying Life by Jane Hirschmann. It is a great book that will give you more information on how to curb this obsessive process.
I hope this answers your question and if I can be of further help, please reply.
Otherwise, I wish you the best.