Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's

will a letter from my psycologist help me in court

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.

Bill :

Hello are you available to chat?

Customer :

yes

Bill :

Hello: What is the nature of the court proceeding?

Customer :

breach of dvo & assault occasionly bodily harm it was not serious just sprained arm she is she is accusing me of stalking & threatening her which is not so I am a bit concerned.

Bill :

I would say that a letter directed to the judge/ magistrate from your Psychologist would be most helpful to you and the court. Make sure that it is properly address to the name of the judge as this makes it more personal.

Customer :

thank you and how about a doctors letter explaining your illness would that help as well.

Bill :

Most Certainly anything that will help you will be beneficial

Bill :

You are welcome. If there is anything else, always feel free to ask

Bill :

Otherwise I wish you the best!

Bill :

Bill

Bill :

Please Click Accept and I appreciate positive feedback

Customer :

it is my first offence on both charges will they send people with mental illness away or concider other options such as fine, community service first.

Bill :

Unlikely that they will send you away on first offence

Bill :

As long as you are getting help and compliant with treatment, you should be fine

Customer :

I have no criminal record or history of violents, yes I am getting help.

Bill :

Thats great,,,,,,you should be fine then.

Customer :

thank you you have been most helpful I feel so much better I suffer from aspergers & depression

Customer :

will the court take aspergers & depression in concideration.

Bill :

Yes, courts are typically sympathetic to those who are being treated for these problems.

Customer :

thank you that is good I worry some times I can't help it.

Bill :

Thats ok, I think you will do fine.

Bill :

I wish you the best..........keep in touch and let me know how it goes?

Customer :

yes I will thank you very much you have been most helpful

Bill :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX positive feedback after accepting

Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience: 35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's