Dr. Adastra
Dr. Adastra, Doctor
Experience:  I have 20 plus years as a Mental Health expert. I'm here to help.
53170538

Hi I am not sure if this is a health question or a life and

Hi I am not sure if this is a health question or a life and personal question. I am a healthly 25yr old male with, what I think is a healthly sex drive. However a few weeks ago I started to notice that I can only go for a few minites and than I start to go soft. Even before an organzim has accured. Now I have been with the same partneer for 3 years and I have not had a problem like this before. We have tryed changing condoms, "spicing" things up and even not using protection (My partneer is my wife so the un portected sex was a mutiual decidion) This problem is weighing heaviy on myself and my relationship and I am just trying to figure out way. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to reading your replys.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Adastra replied 6 years ago.

adastra :

This is often a very sensitive problem. However, it is not uncommon. There are a few reasons for people to have such problems. First, this could be a medical problem where a Urologist, (a medical specialist in mens physical problems such as what you describe), could be of assistance and can check things such as blood pressure in that specific region of your body. A Urologist can also check any other possible medical problems related to this. Sometimes if individuals have a primary care physician, (especially if they are comfortable with them), they can examine for some of these problems and/or refer you to a Urologist. Sometimes people have these problematic responses are reacting to either relationship or family problems or esternal problems such as occupational or financial. Lastly, sometimes individuals are sensitive to various medications, (which is a medical question you can ask your physician) or sensitive to things like alcohol. This is so especially if they have recently started to drink or their drinking has increased. If your physical reaction is related to stress-counseling, either Couples or Individual , may be useful down the road. I always recommend that individuals who have this problem start with ruling out medical problems. Good Luck!