Kristin
Kristin, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Mental Health Counselor. 11+ years specialist in mental health. Expertise and insight!
45544450

Ive been on paxil and zanax for six years. My Internal doctor

Customer Question

I've been on paxil and zanax for six years. My Internal doctor has always refilled my perscriptions, now all of a sudden they won't, why? I never abuse my medication,but without my zanax I get worse and so does my diabetes. What should I do? Can you help? An answer would be greatly appreciated. XXXXX XXXXXon
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kristin replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

Did you ask your internal doctor as to why he/she would not refill these prescriptions? Because there could be various reasons and without asking, you can only wonder.

You need to do so, and let him know what you have asked here about never abusing the medication and that your diabetes and other symptoms worsen without the medication. You need to call your doctor first thing this morning and understand exactly what the reasons for this could be. Perhaps it's even a miscommunication or an error. You need to find out from the source. Please click ACCEPT, or ask for more info. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well I have asked; and the nurse and hius reply was that he's not authorized to do so. Is this normal? This is the first time I've heard of this. Should I change to a different Internal Medicine doctor? What are the chance of tyhis happenning again?
Expert:  Kristin replied 6 years ago.
This is very odd. Did you ask why he is not authorized and that he has been refilling before. It could be that he is only authorized to prescribe a certain amount of the xanax, perhaps. Sometimes they want you to make another appointment so that they can see you in person before they will refill. I would make an appointment to go in person.