Pamela, LCSW
Pamela, LCSW, Psychotherapist/MSW
Experience:  25 years of experience in private practice and inpatient psychiatry;licensed in two states

my son finally says he is ready to commit to a rehab program

my son finally says he is ready to commit to a rehab program for drug and alchol addiction. He has over a 10 yr history of serious trouble and we have tried everything. NOW- he is the one telling us it is time. I believe he has other mental issues- depression, social anxiety to mention those I know of. He is also a recent survior of lymphomia. XXXXX XXXXXves in SLC, UT. We are in DC. I realize a complex situation deserves more than a simple answer. I came to the web site to seek names of rehab centers and saw this opportunity. What would you suggest step #1 would be? Is it more important to find the exact right facility or is it more important to seize the moment? Thank you for any input you are able to offer. Mishelle
Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer:

You are right that it has to be up to him. I think that at this point it is most important to seize the opportunity. As long as the treatment facility has a decent reputation, you can speak with someone knowledgeable, and perhaps look up their ratings on a website it is probably fine. You may want to call or email a hospital with a substance abuse unit near the facility that you are looking at for input.
As I am sure you are aware, he could change his mind spontaneously, so I would recommend getting him admitted, even to a hospital, and then transferred to a facility, as soon as possible.

I wish you and your son luck in his recovery.
You should contact your insurance company and they will provide you with a list of facilities that they have contracts with. They may also have a website with that information.

Thank You.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I thought a follow up question was included sorry. I wouldn't have asked. I think we are fair @ the original $29
It is fine for you to ask a follow up question. No problem.