Mina, Clinical Psychologist
Experience:  Working as a Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist in NHS. Experience in both children and adults

Im a heterosexual Black male in my early 50s, and have been

I’m a heterosexual Black male in my early 50’s, and have been with my wife 24 plus year now.
About 13 or so years ago my eye sight started to go bad. I guess I’m having trouble keeping my eye’s focus on eye to eye contact with people when they are standing a few feet away from me, I tend to look down, because of this I have been label as gay, by other men, because they believe I am looking at their penis, this is not so, because I have no sexual desire for a man, the thought in it’s self sickens me, but because this has happened to me on two other occasion, I started to question my self, if I was gay, but I know I love women without a doubt, and I can’t even begin to see my self with another man doing the things that they do, the thought sickens me. Any way the first time I went through this, I was so up set, and I didn’
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Mina replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us.

I believe that for some reason you did not have the chance to finish your question as what i can read finishes at " I was so upset, and I didn'".

However, based on what you have written so far let me assure that there is no indication that you are homosexual. You do not state and fantasies or thoughts or feelings about other men. Self doubt can happen to anyone for any reason and in your case this possibly shows some anxiety about your self image. However, having anxiety and being a homosexual is a completely different thing. I would suggest that you get your eyes checked out if you have not already done so and get the treatment or the right prescription for glasses. If this does not resolve the problem then you could explain to people you socialize with the reason you avoid eye contact with them.

Please feel free to share any feedback on these thoughts

All the best