Mina, Clinical Psychologist
Experience:  Working as a Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist in NHS. Experience in both children and adults

i am going through a divorce (i am male) . I have lately been

i am going through a divorce (i am male) . I have lately been crying 5 times a day on average for the last few months. Lately i have been working from home , with little human contact,other than online and telephone meetings. I run two companies and earn a high income. I worry about money problems and the divorce. I am self employed soi am anxious about my job. In addition i moved out of the family home for the divorce and i am in rented , i worry about having to move when my rent contract is up. My life has gone from a health family life to a mess.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

It sounds like you are going through a depression phase which can be largely expected after or during a divorce. Divorce is after all considered to be one of the major losses in someone's life. I believe that you are trying your best under the circumstances but you need help to recover. You would need a good support network around you such as friends and family and you would definitely benefit from seeing a therapist in order to help you process this change and loss in your life. From your description, I can see that you did not chose to live like this and it is hurting you to see your family broken in a way. And I can only imagine your pain. However, you need to look after yourself, since as you very well said, your situation at the moment has effects on your work. This may bring financial problems which will most likely bring more anxiety and concern and this can create a vicious circle that will be very hard to get out of.

You need the support and all the help you can get now. So I would strongly encourage you to seek therapy so you can start building yourself back.

Please feel free to share any feedback on these thoughts.