Sarah
Sarah, Psychologist
Experience:  Chart'd Psych, 12 yrs exp. English prisons, Clinical Hypnotherapist, EMDR Therapist, BPS, HPC reg'd.
24585293

This is a question for a Hypnotist if there is one out there! Basically

This is a question for a Hypnotist if there is one out there!
Basically I have had a lifelong problem with lateness. I don't just mean I'm lazy! This is a problem that affects all areas of my life both personal and business. I have missed trains, planes and buses on a regular basis. I have lost jobs, missed appointments and generally the more important often the more likely I am to be late. I think this stems from an anxiety that I am going to be late coupled with a desire to make the most of every minute so I'm always trying to squeeze in a few more jobs!
It is very difficult for most people to understand as it always sounds like I am just making excuses.
Generally I am very well organised. I write everything down, always diarise appointments for earlier than necessary but still always find myself being late.
What I wanted to know was whether this is something that might be improved by hypnosis? or whether I am stuck with it!

Sarah : Hi there,
Sarah : I am going to change the format of this answer to Q and A as you are offline, so you caanswer hewn you are ready.
I certainly think that hypnotherapy would be able to help you with this, but I think it would be missing out the information in the middle to simply address the lateness in it's simplest form. I am wondering if you have a fear of success, a fear of being better that someone else specifically, perhaps someone in your family or friendships? Or perhaps a fear of being perfect? Our subconscious mind can be holding fears such as these, which can then impact upon our behaviour in order to make sure we do, or don't do, what the subconscious fears. The underlying belief can lie there for many years undetected, but the impact upon our life can be powerful. If you find yourself a good hypnotherapist, they will help you to explore and understand your fears, so that you can target them directly, which should have an impact upon your lateness. If these suggestions appear not to be correct on the face of it, be open to them and allow your subconscious mind to rake through your past and perhaps recall something. Ask your subconscious mind to give you the information as you lie with your head on your pillow at night, just before you drift off to sleep, and in the morning see if you have had any inspirational dreams in the night. Our dreams are the communication between the subconscious mind and the conscious minds if we consciously try to interpret them, then we can read into our own concerns, like looking through a window. there is very little that we are 'stuck with' if we are willing to put in the effort to change, so well done for checking this out. Try this site for a therapist local to you - www.hypnotherapists.org.uk this is the site for the National Council of Hypnotherapists. I hope this is helpful? Best Wishes, Sarah

Edited by Sarah on 10/19/2010 at 9:19 AM EST