Dr. K
Dr. K, Psychiatrist
Experience:  15 years clinical experience in all areas of psychiatry. Holistic and practical approach.
50493013

Can you please help me out as I am in serious trouble.If I

Can you please help me out as I am in serious trouble.If I listen to any song it gets stuck in my mind and will be there all day.How to get rid of unwanted songs.Do I need to get checked up by psychiatrist?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. K replied 4 years ago.

This happens to many people and isn't necessarily serious.

How often does this occur and how bothersome is it?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is quite often and it is becoming serious in the work place.Can you please advise me on how to resolve this?
Expert:  Dr. K replied 4 years ago.

If this is happenning and often you should see a doctor right away. I would see both a family doctor (to make sure there is nothing medical going on) and a psychiatrist for a detailed evaluation. You need a comprehensive, face to face evaluation before recommending any solutions. A workbook for OCD might help, but I cant say for sure if this is OCD or something more. See a doctor soon. Take care.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you think this can be cured?.I will take the appointment for psychiatrist as soon as possible.Do I need to look for any specialisation in psychiatrist(as this is related to songs).?
Expert:  Dr. K replied 4 years ago.

I have seen this type of issue many times and you can get over it. I rarely use the word "cure" in my practice. However, many patients similar to you can get nearly 100% relief of such symptoms. I do not think you need any particular specialist...any good psychiatrist will do just fine. Good luck.

Dr. K, Psychiatrist
Experience: 15 years clinical experience in all areas of psychiatry. Holistic and practical approach.