Howard, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have worked 6 years with adolescents with behavioral issues, especially addictions.

I dischardged myself from the Mental Health team after 12 years

I dischardged myself from the Mental Health team after 12 years of treatment 7 years ago. I'm never going back there. I am really struggling with my mental health problems at the moment. My Gp's have given up on me, seriously. I have chronic insomnia coupled with spondylosis in my nreck, constant headaches in my eye socket and an ulcer. I feel ill and exhausted all the time. There's no end o feeling ill physically, it just goes on and on. I jst got my mental health probles sable and then got M.E. That was 7 years ago. I can't work, I can't do anything. I don' have any friends. I have a lovely family but my constand mental health problems are wearing my closest family to the ground.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Howard replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Howard :

Why did you discharge yourself from the Mental Health Team?

Customer :

I have OCD thoughts, I've had them since I was 12 but I didn't know what they were. When I began Infertility treatment, the nauture of the OCD thoughts chanced to child abouse. I took a massive overdose, nearly died. Always was open adn honest about the nature of the OCD thoughts with the team. They stopped all infertility treatment. However, the thougns got worse over the years, They said they were fantasises, I said would never would harm a child. Never have, never would. Self harmed because of what was in my head, strangulaion, burned myself, cut myself, over doses......It is writen on my notes tha I shouldn' work with children. he cpn was even concerned about me been around my Boyfriends grandchildren. In the end, I discharged myself. I drag myself out of bed every day and have done for years wih that hanging over my head. Never gong back there, ever.

Howard :

Okay, good.

Howard :

Are you seeing anyone now, for you mental health?

Customer :

No, nowhere else to go.

Howard :

Where are you located, maybe I could find someone for you to talk to.