Dr. S
Dr. S, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Attending Psychiatrist

what questions may I expect; exam due 10-14-2010, I am Applying

Customer Question

what questions may I expect; exam due 10-14-2010, I am Applying for SSD; Not worked in 2yrs,9mos, Many more personal issues caused my depression, loss of husband, child, no income what so ever,fear to loose my home, unable to care for 80 yr, mother, cancered brother, and other brother lost job; trying to support 5 children+child support & his home which is going to forclose. I was very well off at one time, now I am a failure. Please help if you can. MeXXXXX [email protected] Look forword to your kindness reply. Thank you.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. S replied 6 years ago.
Hi I am a psychiatrist and can help. I am very sorry to hear of your difficulties. What i have heard from my patients that have gone through this process is that they basically ask you about your past and current symptoms, your overall level of functioning, why you feel that you cant currently work (as a consequence of your psychiatric symptoms), about your financial obligations. That being said, My best advice to you be not to try to prepare or anticipate questions too much. Go in for your interview and be as open and honest about your symptoms as possible. If you qualify for SSD, and it sounds like you do, it will come across. Bring over prepared can be a red flag to the interviewer. After your interview, they will then ask for your treating psychiatrist to fill out paperwork pertaining to their perception of the above. I hope this helps. Please click the ACCEPT button as it is the only way I will be credited for my answer. Feedback is also welcomed and appreciated. Thank you and good luck on the 14tj. Blessings!