Howard
Howard, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have worked 6 years with adolescents with behavioral issues, especially addictions.

I am elderly 81 to be precise, live with my husband whose heakth is not so good , he can

Customer Question

I am elderly 81 to be precise, live with my husband whose heakth is not so good , he can keeep himself going and does what he can for me, anti depressants make me feel awful I have seen Gps about my feelings of hopeless and despair also the mental health teammost of my physical symtopms are put down to anxiety and depression ,I am told it is up to me to make the effort and think positively I am my own best therapist I have arthritis in my neck which restricts me from all my craft work , I was a potter painter amongst othe crafts and am good with my hands Iam unable to focus on reading or anything apart from my own unhappiness I have problems with sleep and get bad nightmaresI am frightened of dying. I have a sore mouth syndrome so chewing hurts just pulpy foods I am so tired all the time get dizzy and feel ill i just want to lie in bed and do nothing... I am scared to go out and meet people. I do go out most days for a drive and I can force myself to go into little shops I live with my husband and unless we go out we dont see anyone I get unpleasant sexual thoughs and am scared when out I may act indecently my beloved cat dies a month ago he had to be put to sleep.. Regards XXXXX XXXXX I live on the ISLE OF MAN so O2is Uk I am served by manx telecom please help me soon I am desperate I an pay by paypal
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Howard :

Hi, I'm Howard

Howard :

I'm sorry to heat that you have been feeling so poorly.

Howard :

How many anti-depressants have you tried? When you say that they make you feel awful, is that physically or mentally/emotionally?

Customer :

I have tried about 4 or five over the years recently Zispin even more recently escitalapram 10mg which I took for 4 days then lustral for two days then a dose of escitalapram 5mg for two days they make me feel physically mentally and emotionally ill THank you Howard for your reply

Howard :

Well, young lady, it seems as though things are pretty crappy for you right now. Do you do any writing or journalling?

Customer :

yes I have as gratitude journal I write every night 10 things I can say thank you about and 10 gratitude intentions. I also keep a diary which really is not so happy and not creative...I am at the moment trying to motivate myself to move get dressed have breakfast as my husband sleeps in a differnt room and is deaf with out his hearing aid I have not seen him yet or spoken not fair to burden him with my unwellness. last night was unrestful with stomach ace and sore chest and I had really horrible nightmares and now it is raining and dull ..I did well yesterday afternoon and evening went to sleep at, midnight and felt peaceful now 9 30am here

Howard, Mental Health Professional
Experience: I have worked 6 years with adolescents with behavioral issues, especially addictions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
now I am confused
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
I think it would be good for you to have your GP, refer you out to a psychiatrist. He may be able to prescribe something that is more effective for you with less side effects.