cathy
cathy, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  MS., MS.Ed., 30 years clinical and administrative experience in psychiatry and mental health
25773729

hello my lyne tyler i m not to good in englais but i have a

Customer Question

hello my lyne tyler i m not to good in englais but i have a beautiful 17 year old daugther how need help she want to hert her self she ting that life is not good my heart cry so much fore her i dont want to lose my girl please someboby help us i dont have medical insurence thank you very very very very much for so idea a maman how realy need help
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  cathy replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
cathy :

Hi and thanks for writing JA

cathy :

How can we help you tonight?

cathy :

Lyne are you there?

Customer :

hee

cathy :

Hi, how are you?

cathy :

are you okay?

Customer :

hello i have a daugther jessica she need help

cathy :

Parle francais, no?

cathy :

Where do you and your daughter live Lyne? In which state do you live in the US?

Customer :

i m so sorry my englais is noy good

Customer :

oui je parle francais

cathy :

Your english is fine Lyne I understand you fine

cathy :

where do you live in the US:

Customer :

florida

Customer :

flager beach

cathy :

what state Lyne?

Customer :

thank you

cathy :

Ok is that near Miami?

Customer :

florida

cathy :

Miami Lyne?

Customer :

good

cathy :

oui,mais Miami ou Orlando?

Customer :

i lve in flagler beach north fl

cathy :

Pensacola? tallahassee? where Lyne?

Customer :

i will like you to takl to my girl

Customer :

flagler beach

cathy :

It is not going to help Lyne, give me one moment

cathy :

Une moment svp.

Customer :

hello, my name is Jessica.

Customer :

I'm Lyne's daughter.

cathy :

Lyne que je vois vraiment où vous vivez sur la carte. Si je parle à votre fille il ne va pas l'aider, mais puisqu'elle est sous l'âge 18 vous pouvez recevoir son aide tout de suite. Je veux savoir si vous avez la famille qui parle l'anglais coulant ainsi si je vous dis que vous devez faire vous pouvez le faire ? S'il vous plaît faites-moi savoir. Cathy

Customer :

are you there?

cathy :

Sorry Lyne if I made mistakes. I do not use French every day. Sorry if I made some mistakes, do you understand me?

cathy :

yes I am right here

cathy :

Lyne?

Customer :

yes.

Customer :

well, this is jessica, lyne's daughter.

cathy :

Hi jessica and I see you speak english?

cathy :

so whats going on Jessica?

Customer :

yes.

cathy :

why is mom so worrried about you?

cathy :

whats going on that mom is so worried?

Customer :

i've been...

Customer :

doing stuff to hurt myself.

Customer :

not cutting or anything.

Customer :

but, like burning myself and making myself throw up.

cathy :

why are you doing that Jessica? how come?

cathy :

Lyne and Jessica? are you there?

cathy :

Okay I am going to move this over to q and a

cathy :

hold on one second.

Customer :

recently, i just got out of a relationship with this boy that i was with for two months. and, just recently, i've been bleeding excessively from my vagina, so i figured it was a miscarriage. i told him about it and he so happened to tell one of my ex best friends. she called me and laughed about it. so i called him and asked him why he told her. and he said he was worried about it, so he went to her, but now, my reputation is on the line and i'm afraid what people will think or say. this all happened today. i started making myself throw up 3 weeks ago and i've lost 15+ pounds. and i have two burn marks. one on my wrist and one on my leg.

Customer :

okay

cathy :

Hi Jessica. JA has rules that we are not allowed to work with people under the age of 18 so the best I can do is to email you and your MOM and make sure Mom is there on Q and A. can we do this Jessica?

Customer :

of course.

Customer :

her email isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

cathy :

Okay I am switching this over and from this point forward it becomes an email exchange. Here we go.

Customer :

okay.

cathy :

I am not going to email her. I am going to switch the format on JA from live chat to email chat. You will see that happen in a moment or two. Thanks for your patience.

Customer :

okay.

Customer :

what am i suppose to do with the email?

Customer :

click the link to view my answer?

Expert:  cathy replied 4 years ago.

Hi Lyne and Jessica. I am sorry. On JA we are not permitted to work with people under the age of 18 but I am addressing this to Lyne and am glad Jessica is there to translate because as we saw my French is horrible.

Okay, first things first. Lyne is very very upset and beside herself that Jessica is self harming and Jessica gave me answer that sounds very much like what most teenagers do. Not such great behavior at all, not such safe behavior but none the less, what teenagers do. So Jessica is behaving as if she is a teenager and not a grown up lady and Lyne naturally is scared out of her wits, as I would be.

Are we all in agreement on this?

Thanks, Cathy