Lori Gephart
Lori Gephart, Licensed Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist and Hypnotherapist 20 years of experience helping clients of all ages.

Why do I worry so much and at a higher level than everybody

Why do I worry so much and at a higher level than everybody around me,it seems a little thing for them is huge to me, i'm very sensitive with all emotions
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Lori Gephart replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Lori Gephart :

Hello, I'm happy to talk with you. I am working on your question now.

Lori Gephart :

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. The symptoms that you are describing suggest the possibility that this may be in part anxiety. If you are suffering from anxiety, you are not alone. Millions of people (an estimated 15% of the population) suffer from devastating and constant anxiety that severely affects their lives, sometimes resulting in living in highly restricted ways. These people experience panic attacks, phobias, extreme shyness, obsessive thoughts, and compulsive behaviors. The feeling of anxiety is a constant and dominating force that disrupts their lives. Some become prisoners in their own homes, unable to leave the home, work, drive, or visit the grocery store. For these people, anxiety is much more than just an occasional wave of apprehension.

Common symptoms of panic include:

• Racing or pounding heart

• Trembling

• Sweaty palms

• Feelings of terror

• Chest pains/heaviness in chest

Dizziness and lightheadedness

• Fear of dying

• Fear of going crazy

• Fear of losing control

• Feeling unable to catch breath

• Tingling hands, feet, legs, arms

Generalized anxiety disorder is quite common, affecting an estimated 3 to 4% of the population. This disorder fills a person’s life with worry, anxiety, and fear. People who have this disorder are always thinking and dwelling on the “what ifs” of every situation. It feels like there is no way out of the vicious cycle of anxiety and worry. The person often becomes depressed about life and their inability to stop worrying.

People who have generalized anxiety usually do not avoid situations, and they don’t generally have panic attacks. They can become incapacitated by an inability to shut the mind off, and are overcome with feelings of worry, dread, fatigue, and a loss of interest in life. The person usually realizes these feelings are irrational, but the feelings are also very real. The person’s mood can change from day to day, or even hour to hour. Feelings of anxiety and mood swings become a pattern that severely disrupts the quality of life.

People with generalized anxiety disorder often have physical symptoms including headaches, irritability, frustration, trembling, inability to concentrate, and sleep disturbances. They may also have symptoms of social phobia and panic disorder.

Treatment Options

Most people who suffer from anxiety disorders begin to feel better when they receive the proper treatment. Finding the right diagnosis and treatment starts by meeting with a psychologist. While a treatment plan must be specifically designed for each individual, generally a combination of individual therapy, often in conjunction with medication can be quite effective.

I hope this answer is helpful. Please let me know if I can clarify further.

Customer :

Yes thank you , is it the same if you always worry about others

Lori Gephart :

Yes, there are many ways that anxiety can be expressed. It may be "what if" thinking or worries about yourself, worries about others, worries about the future, etc. Generally the worries seem to happen very automatically and often feel out of control. Therapy can be very effective for this. Sometimes medication is needed in addition to therapy but should not be used alone since it will not allow you to learn to change these thoughts and feelings without the medication. Please let me know if I can help further.

Customer :

no thank you i will find a therapist near where i live

Lori Gephart, Licensed Psychologist
Experience: Licensed Psychologist and Hypnotherapist 20 years of experience helping clients of all ages.