MN Psychiatrist
MN Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
Experience:  Physician for 17 years, adult psychiatrist for 13 years working with a wide variety of patients.

how long should you take adipex, and when would it be considered

how long should you take adipex, and when would it be considered and addiction problem
Hello, I am a psychiatrist. Are you taking Adipex for dieting purposes, or for anything else?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

dieting purposes, also i was diagonsised with bi-polar today and started on lithium and was told to continue my lexapro??? very confused

Hello again.

The FDA recommends that treatment with Adipex be of 12 weeks' duration or less. If you find you crave it or need it "to feel normal," it may be worth discussing with your prescribing physician to see if you are developing any sort of dependence on it.

Also, it may be fully appropriate to continue with Lexapro after being diagnosed with bipolar disorder. It depends on the person and their situation.

I hope this helps.