Sarah
Sarah, Psychologist
Experience:  Chart'd Psych, 12 yrs exp. English prisons, Clinical Hypnotherapist, EMDR Therapist, BPS, HPC reg'd.
24585293

Ive just taken Zopiclone so feeling dizzy. Im keen to know

Customer Question

I've just taken Zopiclone so feeling dizzy. I'm keen to know why I'm sexually abusing myself???
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr Karen replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr Karen Hoving :

Thank you so much for contacting Just Answer today. My name isXXXXX and I look forward to assisting you today.

Dr Karen Hoving :

After doing some research I think you would be best served by working with a psychiatrist - I will opt out of this question and open it up for a medical doctor. If you don't hear back you can re submit your question - but pose it like this: FOR PSYCHIATRIST I have just taken zopiclone... That way you will alert an MD to assist you. Good luck!

Customer :

I've just taken Zopiclone so feeling dizzy. I'm keen to know why I'm sexually abusing myself??? I have no idea why but recently I have taken to finding the largest objects and anally inserting them and im sure I'm doing damage but its the rush of adrenaline I get. I miss my military job, well the excitement and now I hate the office job I do. I was bullied in the forces and now fear men and anyone aggressive or hostile. My PTSD was as a result of my time in the forces, but although I was involved in the most horrific scenes of war it was the bullying that caused me to become ill. It started with verbal abuse and then that intensified until one night I was asleep in my bed in a 4 man room when 3 soldiers came in wearing gas masks held me down in my bed and punched me in the face and chest. eventually I was able to slide down the far side of the bed and stand up. As I stood up I was punched so hard that the back of my head slammed against the window behind me causing it to smash. Looking down at my bed I recall that it was totally soaked in blood. I knew at this point I was fighting for my life. I moved forward into the oncoming aggression towards the main attacker and managed to grab him in a headlock. At this point I knew that I had a choice, do I end this by breaking his neck as I had been shown how to do in training or not. The punches were still raining down on me at this point from the other two masked men but suddenly the lights in the room went on and the other 3 guys in my room were awake and pulling them off me and yelling at me to let the guy go. By this time I had managed to pull the gas mask off him and one of the 3 guys from my room yelled at me that I was killing him. At that moment I glanced around me and saw everyone was staring at me. I was standing there naked soaked in my blood with it running out of my face and head. My entire bed-space the cupboards, window and walls were running with my blood. I dropped the body I was holding and walked out of the room down the corridor and into the showers. As I started to clean the blood of in the sink I passed out... I woke some hours later in a military hospital. That was the first time that something like that had caused me to be admitted to hospital, but it wasn't to be the last. The weird thing is I really want to go back and complete Special Forces training and be in the SAS or SBS. I have a year and then I am over the age limit. I have so many mixed emotions in my head. I have had counselling and cbt and I'm on high does drugs and diazepam and zopiclone. I have tried so many alternatives as well and nothing so far is helping - that is why I want back in to the forces! Any ideas?

Customer :

PS I dont have kids locked in a car nore do I have kids

Expert:  Sarah replied 4 years ago.
Hi Customer ( I'm glad you don't have any of those too!)

I would say that the reason you are abusing yourself is that you have been abused by others and are reacting to this experience as a consequence. As you say, you are suffering from PTSD. Have you tried EMDR? It is a trauma therapy that reaches deep Into the subconscious and allows those memories and emotions that are locked in there to be processed away, so that they can drop back in time, instead of being very 'real' and 'live', giving you a better chance to move on. You can find much more Information about EMDR at www.emdria.com where you can also find a therapist local to you. If you haven't given this a try so far, I would definitely recommend it. It is the trauma therapy that is commended in England for PTSD by NICE, the National Institute of Clinical Excellence. It oils mean you facing these awful experiences again in your own mind (you don't need to talk about all the details) but this should be the last time that you go through it all as you will process it away instead of pushing it all back inside. I do hope this is helpful and wish you the very best, Sarah
Sarah, Psychologist
Experience: Chart'd Psych, 12 yrs exp. English prisons, Clinical Hypnotherapist, EMDR Therapist, BPS, HPC reg'd.