Sarah
Sarah, Psychologist
Experience:  Chart'd Psych, 12 yrs exp. English prisons, Clinical Hypnotherapist, EMDR Therapist, BPS, HPC reg'd.
24585293

i have a giant fear of taking the tablets that the doctor just

i have a giant fear of taking the tablets that the doctor just prescribed me for my heart thump im getting, its called inderal an im worried the pill will kill me
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Sarah replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Sarah :

Hi there,

Sarah :

I see you are offline so i am going to change the format of this question to question and answer, rather than live chat.

Expert:  Sarah replied 6 years ago.

Hi there,

I have changed this to Question and Answer as you aren't on line at the moment for a live chat.

Have you had a detailed and open discussion with your doctor about why you have been prescribed these meds and how they will help you? Has your doctor explained why you have a thumping heart? I am not a doctor and cannot talk with you about the effects of these tablets specifically.

As a therapist, I would like to ask, Is there any reason whatsoever why you would be relating tablets to death in your mind? do you have any memories of eating something too large, or choking on something when you were younger? Is there anyone in your family history who springs to mind in relation to this? If the answers are all 'no', that's fine, don't assume there will be a 'yes' amongst these.

Happy to reply if you can answer the above questions, Sarah

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
could we use chat again please
Expert:  Sarah replied 6 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for accepting the answer - I'm sorry, I have a stinking headache so I need to turn the compute off. If you want to chat again tomorrow, please feel free to reply and I will pick it up again.

Best Wishes,

Sarah