Suzanne, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  LCSW, RN. Mental Health, Relationship & Parenting issues.EMDR, Hypnosis.

I am trying to find a christian based psychiatrist in the seattle

I am trying to find a christian based psychiatrist in the seattle tacoma renton area. Can you help. One that deals with behavoral issues.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Suzanne replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for bringing your question to JustAnswer.

I was able to find one Christian psychiatrist in your area. Many times, the psychiatrist deals mostly with medication issues, and a therapist will deal with the behaviors and emotional components, so I am also giving you a link to a list of Christian counselors in your area:

Hanna R Swardstrom

Psychiatrist, LICSW

9706 4th Ave NE, Suite 203
Seattle, Washington 98115

Contact Information

phone: (888) 725-4642

Email me
Send profile to friend
Visit my homepage

"As a provider for Meier Clinics, I believe in treating the whole person - emotionally, physically, and spiritually. I am dedicated to providing Christian counseling in a safe environment where people can work through the issues that are robbing them of satisfaction and enjoyment in life. Working together, lives can be restored to enjoy a more productive, fulfilling, and joyful life."

If you can use a therapist for the counseling aspect of the work, here are the Christian counselors in Seattle:

Hope this helps!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Any chance you can find a male psychiatrist? Thank you.
Expert:  Suzanne replied 6 years ago.

I did a pretty extensive search, and only found that one..a female.

In my experience in mental health, the psychiatrists will not actually do much therapy at all. They have evolved into medication-based treatment models. You session will focus on "how are you feeling on this we need to increase it or otherwise change it?" Most of them refer clients to LCSWs or LPCs for the therapy part of treatment. Twenty years ago, psychiatrists did therapy, but that has changed with the advent of managed care.

What I would suggest is that you see a male therapist for the therapy aspect of treatment. If you are looking for help with behaviors, you might want to see one that specializes in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). Therapists usually have more availability than psychiatrists (who usually only see a client once a month or every 3 months). Therapy is usually scheduled every week or every other week. The link to the Christian therapists is at the bottom of my first note.

I wish you the best,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what about a dual diagnosis detox center that is non profit and non government owned or operated.
Expert:  Suzanne replied 6 years ago.

By dual diagnosis do you mean both a mental health diagnosis and an addiction?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes. I need one that has a psychiatrist that does not believe in civil committment of mentally ill patients.
Expert:  Suzanne replied 6 years ago.

It looks like Genesis House comes the closest to meeting your criteria: they treat dual-diagnosis individuals. They treat people with multiple problems, so they would have little reason to commit someone...but ask that question directly when you call them.

I hope these resources have helped! Please click ACCEPT so I get credit for our correspondence.

Thank you,