Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy

I have a history of depression , ocd and anorexia. since i

Customer Question

I have a history of depression , ocd and anorexia. since i was 20 i am now 35. I have always kept myself to myself I work but don't like mixing with others socially, i find it difficult to have conversations with people other than work related stuff. I have no social life, friends are very superficial and I hate everything. My mum says i am expecting too much from life by wanting to be happy. she says everything will be ok when I sort my eating out. how i live is not normal bevauir is it?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. You have been struggling for a lot of years. Your mom is absolutely wrong. Of course, you should expect to be happy in life. There is a lot of crappy therapy out there. You need to find a therapist who could help you achieve happiness. Let me know where you live and I'll try and find the right kind of treatment for you.