How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Shirley Schaye Your Own Question
Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1673
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Shirley Schaye is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need doctor to sign off on CA SDI paperwork for last month.

Customer Question

I need to get my CA State Disability Insurance paperwork signed off by a psychiatrist. I was with Kaiser for a while, but then I lost my insurance so I had to go to the county. The Nurse Practioner at the county office prescribed me medication, but the county office doesn't sign off on any paperwork. I found a doctor who claimed she was a psychologist to do it for me, but it happened that she was only an MFT. I need a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist with a license to claim that I was under his/her care for the last month in order to get my benefits for last month so I can pay my rent/bills. What can I do? Is there anyone that can help me? I need to file a claim for an appeal with the CA SDI on their decision to deny me my benefits, but I need to have a doctor vouche for me that I was under his/her care during that time. It would've only been one visit. I can pay twice the cost of the normal hourly rate if a doctor is willing to work with me and help me sort through all of this.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. The first thing to try is to go the person you already saw --- the nurse practitioner and explain to her your dilemma. She must be working with psychiatrists so that she can vouch for the fact that she prescribed the medicine and explain to the psychiatrist that she seeks out that the county office won't sign off on it. Otherwise you would need to find a doctor on your own but they still would have to contact the nurse practitioner to verify the information.

Related Mental Health Questions