Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
45897396

I am a 29 year old female who suffers for severe anxiety.

I am a 29 year old female who suffers for severe anxiety. I am barely able to function. When I get a really bad anxiety, I can't eat for days, I can't sleep and I lose a lot of weight which is not good as I am very slim. I have always been a nervous person every since I was a child. I am a student and I am struggling with my studies as I find oral participation in class very difficult and therefor fall to bits when it comes to presentations. I have been do the doctor who has diagnosed me as having depression. I have tried citolopram but I was unable to take it as I could not keep it down on an empty stomach. I have not had any therapy as the waiting list at my surgery is 1 year. Any help on how to cope with this condition would be appreciated.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. Clearly, you need therapy in addition to meds. Where in the UK do you live? You don't need to be suffering like this. Let me try and help you get the right kind of therapy.

JACUSTOMER-nubfdyfr- :

I live in the north of scotland, Inverness

JACUSTOMER-nubfdyfr- :

I did pay for therapy once but it was just me talking for an hour with her nodding. I didnt find it very helpful and i couldnt afford to continue it.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Hi

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Give me a minute.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Sorry I was on the phone.

JACUSTOMER-nubfdyfr- :

no problem

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Well what you described is certainly not helpful, indeed.

JACUSTOMER-nubfdyfr- :

no it depressed me more when it didnt help

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

I don't think you'll be able to get through this on your own. You will need, as I said, meds and therapy. So you let me know what you'd like me to do. Unfortunately, there is no magic formula for you.

JACUSTOMER-nubfdyfr- :

i dont know what meds to go on or where to get therapy

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Would you like me to check for you. Inverness, Scotland, you said.

JACUSTOMER-nubfdyfr- :

yeah that would be great

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Give me a little time. I'll be right back.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Margaret Rose Young

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Tel: 01463 772828 -XXXXX Inverness, Inverness-shire, IV2 6GR

JACUSTOMER-nubfdyfr- :

Is she a therapist?

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Yes.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

I couldn't find a specific psychiatrist but if you try calling this place Craigs Psychiatric Hospital, Inverness --- I am sure they will know of psychiatrists who practice in your area.

JACUSTOMER-nubfdyfr- :

i will contact her then. What kind of therapist is she? Thanks so much for your help

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

A general therapist. You need to have someone give you support. This is too much for you to do on your own. Also, I am sure that she must work with psychiatrists so in addition to the hospital, ask her if she knows a psychiatrist that you can go to.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

I wish you well.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

When you are finished if you would click ACCEPT and leave feedback. If you have anything else you'd like to chat about --- I am here.