Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I am a successful executive dealing with the stress of a

I am a "successful" executive dealing with the stress of a blended family which incldues adult children a husband who is "too busy". I feel unsetteld and anxious all the time. i just don't seem to be coping as well as I used too and cry at the drop of a hat or am sad all too often. help!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.

Hi, I am sorry you are feeling this way. Stress and not feeling your are being supported can do this to a person. If your husband is "too busy" who do you turn to? I would suggest that you continue getting psychological help and you may want to explore taking medication. Your stress is telling you something, you may be depressed and that is something you need to address. You might also want to speak with your husband and tell him you need more from him, whether it be listening to you, helping you around the house, dealing with the adult children or going out for some fun. If you are becoming too busy for each other that is not a healthy sign for your marriage. Marriage counseling might be helpful too.

Please click accept and leave feedback. If you are a subscription customer or unlimited question customer you still need to click accept so I get credit for my answer.