Dr. Bonnie
Dr. Bonnie, Psychologist and RN
Experience:  35 years experience counseling children and families

HI WAS HOPING U COULD GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION ON WHERE I STAND

Customer Question

HI WAS HOPING U COULD GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION ON WHERE I STAND WITH VISITATION RIGHTS WITH MY HUSBAND WHO CHEATED ON ME WITH A GIRL, MY CHILDREN HAVE SEEN HER WITHOUT ME KNOWING ABOUT IT. MY DAUGHTER WHO IS 3 IS VERY CONFUSED ABOUT THE ISSUE ASKING ME QUESTIONS I DONT KNOW HOW TO ANSWER. SHE IS CONFUSED AND HER CHILDCARE TEACHER IS VERY CONCERNED ABOUT HER AJUSTING TO THIS. WHAT CAN I DO
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Bonnie replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Bonnie Behee-Sem :

Hi would you like to chat about this?

Dr. Bonnie Behee-Sem :

I see you are off line so I will change to a different format.

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Now I see you are online. I think the system has a glitch.

Are you and your husband separated??
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
If you get the children into therapy the therapist can help to convince him that this is not good for the children. How long has it been since the separation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
3 months
In addition to getting a therapist to assist you, ask your lawyer about a GAL for the children. The GAL will spell things out for him. he will have to go to a parenting class and they will also reinforce that you are right in your concerns.
Your question was about visitation rights and I have not answered it because it is a legal question. But it would be best to document all of your concerns for the court.