How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Dr. Shirley Schaye Your Own Question

Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1673
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Shirley Schaye is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi my name is victoria about 2 years ago i was diagnosed with

This answer was rated:

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX 2 years ago i was diagnosed with ocd. i was given i believe sirr. It was working well for me but i began feeling addicted to it so i took myself off. I can also give you a little background information about myself. Im a 19yr old girl i live by myself and dont have a very good family life infact terrible amnd far from healthy
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. It would seem to me, given your family history that you should seek out psychtherapy. Otherwise all you are doing is drugging the pain and not getting underneath to deal with your, as you put it, terrible family life. If you tell me where you live --- city and state, I'll see about helping you find someone who could help you deal with all this.

JACUSTOMER-37j66jiy- :

i live in brooklyn nyc.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Ok, I live in NYC and so know lots of people here. Since you are only 19 and have a terrible relationship with your family let me ask you what range you could afford. I have contact with lots of great low cost referral centres. Give me a price range and I'll give you a contact.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

You there?

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Low Cost Referral Service in Tri-State and all NYC boroughs.

Once you initiate contact, a consultant will return your call within 24 hours. You and the consultant will talk by phone about your particular concerns and how they might be addressed. If you prefer an initial in-person interview, that is also available. There is no charge for the initial screening, whether by phone or by an in-person interview. Within a week, you will be given the name of a psychotherapist for you to meet.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

If I have answered your question, please click ACCEPT and leave feedback. If you want to chat further and ask me more questions please do so. I will look again when I'm back online.

JACUSTOMER-37j66jiy- :

ok well i will try the number i just want to know something is there something i can do to control this feeling until i find help

Dr. Shirley Schaye and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
You didn't ask that question --what you could do until you find help. I think that there is not much for you to do on your own. A therapist can help you dig more deeply. If yo had the kind of family you said you had, you cannot do it on your own. Not any of us could with that kind of family background --- not you, not I, not anyone. Besides, you've been doing it alone most of your life --- you deserve the help.

Related Mental Health Questions