Dr. Michael
Dr. Michael, Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Ph.D. Clinical Health Psychology with 30 years of experience in private practive and as a clinical psychology university professor.

I like wearing adult diapers, and acting like a toddler at

I like wearing adult diapers, and acting like a toddler at times. I have done some research and found there is no cure for correcting this behavior (infantilism)? I still hold my job, and pay bills accordingly, and still go about daily life. However, I seem to be happier whenever I wear even acting as an adult. Can a psychiatrist help with this to stop wanting to wear?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I believe I can be of help to you with this issue.

I think you are in a true, major psychological conflict, are you not? On the one hand, you derive great pleasure from wearing diapers and carry out all of your responsibilities. If you feel happy wearing them even when acting as an adult, you do, on the other hand want help to stop "wanting" to wear them? Could you go into more detail about your ambivalence with this matter, please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I do even just carrying out daily activites as an adult. I seem happier, and life carries on. However I want to wear more often beyond my days off of work, so hence my reasoning on trying to stop. I do not want to get fired at work, if I wore.
I doubt that anyone can train you to stop wanting to wear diapers if they bring you pleasure. Not medication, not hypnosis or other remedies. It seems that what you are really asking is, "how do I curb my drive to want to wear them at times when it would be risky and inappropriate, such as at work?"

The answer to this question is to be planful and literally schedule wearing times so you can anticipate and predict when it will be o.k. to wear them, and when it will not be o.k. This may seem self-evident or self-regulating because of course, work occurs at particular times of the day, and ends at particular times of the day. However, what going through the mechanics of scheduling will do is help you inhibit impulses to wear them "NOW" or immediately, through a cognitive delay strategy. If you have a schedule you can look at physically, when an impulse to wear begins to grow, the cognitive delay strategy would be a self-statement you rehearse in your mind e.g., "O.K., I'm becoming aware of an urge to wear but my schedule says I cannot because it is too risky and inappropriate. However the schedule also says when I can anticipate wearing them again e.g., at 5:30 today when I get home. So, it will suffice for me to dwell on the schedule that permits it and dwell on anticipating wearing them at 5:30. This will keep me out of trouble."

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if I have overlooked anything in providing this response. I have assumed much in creating this answer, so let me know if you think I'm off base in any way. Thanks.

"PLEASE....Show respect for your expert. If the information shared with you is helpful, confirm this by Accepting their answer and provide Feedback. Thank you!"
Dr. Michael, Psychologist
Experience: Licensed Ph.D. Clinical Health Psychology with 30 years of experience in private practive and as a clinical psychology university professor.