Tamara
Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified
25965815

hi i broke up with my girl 2 months ago she dumped me because

hi i broke up with my girl 2 months ago she dumped me because of what i see as me being so very happy to have her, that i was unable to control my outward display of them and that scared her away we only dated for four months. i have since not been able to control my emotions trying to get her back begging stalking a rage of anger sadness lonliness and this i see is just cementing the breakup for good. she is adamant about no chances help

louis
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Tamara replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Tamara :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm pleased to try to help you today. What exactly would your question be? Tamara

Tamara :

Also, are you saying that you are stalking her?

Customer :

i am unable to control my emotions and i am ruining any chance at reconsiliation yep i drove by her house and she caught did this once wont do again it violated any trust she had in me

Tamara :

Ok. But what is your question? How can I help you?

Customer :

how can i stop my emotions or control them so

Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience: 20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified
Expert:  Tamara replied 4 years ago.
Well, that could be difficult as it sounds like this has brought up a lot of uncomfortable feelings for you. You are going to have to work with yourself to change your thoughts about this situation, and to help yourself control your emotions more effectively. Find things you can tell yourself that will help you reduce your feelings of abandonment. Remind yourself that you don't own her, and that she is free to pursue what makes her happy - even if that means that you are not in her life. Distract yourself with other activities when you feel you are becoming obsessed with thinking about her and what she is doing. This will take time, and will likely be uncomfortable in the process - but you can't continue to follow her and expect that you are going to feel better. That kind of behavior will only make you feel worse. If you need to get, find a therapist to talk with who can help you work through some of these feelings and understand them better. But the botXXXXX XXXXXne is that you have to stop yourself whenever you are thinking about her, and either think positive things, or think about something else. Best wishes, and please let me know if I can answer any further questions. Tamara