Tamara
Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified
25965815

hi i am 55 years if age and have suffered several nevervous

hi i am 55 years if age and have suffered several nevervous breakdowns in the past last one being about 10 years ago....i weaned myself off seroxat about 5 years ago and sometimes had down episodes that passed....recently i was worried that i had cancer and the fear overwhelmed me i found it hard to function, however the news was good and my tests were clear i was on cloud nine. I have 3 daughters who love me dearly and a very caring husband but i have been feeling a real whole in my life like i have done it all and whats left i work part time as a dance teacher which always makes me feel good, however during the day i am on my own and sometimes find it hard to motivate myself but usually get their..recently i was hurt badly pysoligically by one of my daugthers who is very caring and lied to me to save hurting me....she has formed a very close relationship with her boyfriends mother and family and although we do see her i have been made to feel that she does and prefers to spend more time with her boyfriends mother and his family we do see her but not as much...because i love her as i do all my daughters i feel so hurt its like my heart is broken i cant stand the hurt i feel what do i do, i dont want to put pressure on her in fear of pushing her away but i had made my feelings know the best and politest way possible....is this a normal reaction or as i fear am i dwelling on it too much which i have tried not to but its just stuck and going round in my head, or do you think i may medication i am always chirpy and happy to see her and the others so i know i am not depressing them i am going round in circles wondering why when i am her mother , i would die for any of my children they are all there ages are 25 to 28 can you help me please
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Tamara replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Tamara :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm pleased to try to help you today. I'm sorry to hear that you are having these problems with your daughter. It sounds like it has been very disturbing for you. As a mother, I can certainly understand your hurt feelings. We would do anything for our children, and it can be painful sometimes when we feel that they are being disrespectful or that they are rejecting us. However, as parents, we also need to remember that our children are separate people and they are entitled to spend their time with who they want to. Even though it is hurtful to you, I think it would be in your best interest (and in the best interest of your relationship with your daughter) if you work on accepting this and not make her feel guilty about it. I'm sure you would rather have her spend time with you because she wants to - not because she feels she has to in order to keep you from being upset. If you need to, consider getting back on your medication so that you can deal with these kinds of issues without getting so upset. You will be much more attractive to your daughter if you are feeling good and happy than if you are feeling needy and depressed. Best wishes, and please let me know if I can answer any further questions. Tamara

Customer :

Hi

Customer :

Thankyou so much for putting things into perspective for me i agree with what you have said it makes so much sence....it does hurt like hell but i will try and achieve what you say this....and think about a visist to the doctors re medication.