Dr. Michael
Dr. Michael, Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Ph.D. Clinical Health Psychology with 30 years of experience in private practive and as a clinical psychology university professor.
28397935

IS AMITRIPTYLINE IN THE BENZO FAMILY

Customer Question

IS AMITRIPTYLINE IN THE BENZO FAMILY
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Michael replied 6 years ago.
No, it is considered to be a trycyclic antidepressant. Benzos are considered to be in the old family of minor tranquilizers, which can be addicting if taken for several months regularly. Not so with trycyclics. Also, they have different side effect profiles.

Hope this information helps.

I hope this information has been helpful to you. Please let me know if I have overlooked any aspect of your question in providing this response. I realize that I may be second-guessing the type of information you wanted to have, so let me know if I am off-track.

"PLEASE....Show respect for your expert. If the information shared with you is helpful, confirm this by Accepting their response and provide Feedback. Thank you!"