Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified

my daughter was killed in a car accident, her father became

my daughter was killed in a car accident, her father became very distant and did not want to spend time or talk to me . we divorced and i thought he was depressed and would be back. years later i found out he had started an affair with a women he had cheated on me with before. it was devastating to me. now he has moved back to my hometown and started an affair with a woman who was once my best friend,[she is married] i feel betrayed all over again and not just him but her . i dont know what if anything i should say to them or why my ex does these hurtful things? help.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Tamara replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Tamara :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm pleased to try to help you today.

Tamara :

I'm sorry to hear about this situation with your ex. It really would be hard to say why your ex is doing these things. But I would assume, that in his mind, you are divorced and he is free to have relationships with whoever he chooses.

Tamara :

I can certainly understand you feeling betrayed, but I don't think it would be beneficial for you to say anything to them.

Tamara :

Neither of them are in your life anymore (in a current relationship with you), so I think it's best if you just move on with your own life. There is no point in pursuing people who don't have respect for you or treat you right. Take care of yourself, and don't worry about what they are doing.

Tamara :

Best wishes, and please let me know if I can answer any further questions. Tamara