Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified

i have severe gad and i was wondering if you think neurofeedback

i have severe gad and i was wondering if you think neurofeedback would help it.because i dont want to spend all that money for it not to work at all
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Tamara replied 6 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm pleased to try to help you today.

Neurofeedback can definitely work well in helping to control anxiety disorders. Because anxiety is sometimes the result of a brain that is working too "fast" and needs to be calmed, neurofeedback can be especially effective as it helps you learn to calm yourself. If you are successful at employing the feedback techniques, then there is no reason to believe that it wouldn't be helpful in treating your anxiety.

Best wishes, and please let me know if I can answer any further questions. Tamara