Sarah
Sarah, Psychologist
Experience:  Chart'd Psych, 12 yrs exp. English prisons, Clinical Hypnotherapist, EMDR Therapist, BPS, HPC reg'd.
24585293

My name is rhonda,I am 57years of age,have been taking lexatan

My name is XXXXX XXXXX 57years of age,have been taking lexatan for 25years for agriphobia,
My gp is tappering me off it for a while but i am still taking 1/4 of 3mgs tablets at 6am every second morning
I also take seroguel 1/2 25mgs tablet at 8am everyone morning and the other half at 9pm everyevening

I also take duloxetine now in morning 8am-they switch me over some time ago,was orginally taking in evening

my problem is that i cannot sleep at night even thorough i feel tired,
I go to sleep at 4am and sleep till middle afternoon.this has been going on for some time

I also take vitamin d and vitamin b complex and calium and iron,
what can i do,my gp says see you next week and see what is happening i am not happy with my progress and she also recommends that i see psychiatrist ref medication changes.but this is just going on and on.
please help
rhonda
Hello Rhonda & Welcome to Just Answers.

I'm not quite sure what the question is that you'd like answered today - can you clarify for us? Thanks.
Anna
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

what can i do to get a good night sleep and stay away during the day like normall people

with the medication that i take.

Iwant to be able to go to sleep normally time in evening and wake normal time in daytime so that i can get my life back with my family

i dont know what to do with this medication and my gp not sure either.

can someone help me out.

rhonda

I'm going to put this back on the open boards so that one of the experts more familiar with medications can assist you with your problem.

Anna
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

thanks,last night i had a good night sleep,woke at 7.00am I took my morning medications and feel back to sleep till 12.30,

so it must be medication,which makes me sleep during the morning till late afternoon

rhonda

HiCustomer

I am wondering if your agoraphobia could be assisted by EMDR therapy, which is a therapy that allows the beliefs and negative emotions held in the subconscious mind to be released. These beliefs and emotions stem from a traumatic experience which can be anything that has happened or been heard and misinterpreted by the subconscious mind. You may be able to identify reasons why this fear may have started, or you may not, and for this therapy, it doesn't matter either way, as the therapist would guide your subconscious mind to work it all put for you. Normally, when anxiety is not at high levels, we process away the general anxiety of the day during the night, as the subconscious mind never sleeps. This often doesn't happen with highly emotional situations, yet the brain may be trig to process it away at night unsuccessfully, hence the broken sleep or nightmares. the role of the subconscious mind is always to protect the self, so it sounds like your subconscious mind refuses to allow you to go outside because it believes it is dangerous. When the subconscious mind believes that you aren't listening to it, it shouts even louder and the symptoms become more fierce, which is what you describe. The beliefs are irrational, yet they are very powerful. They can be let go of so that you can out again -you would need to be taking your medications whilst you carry out this therapy, but it may be possible to reduce or even stop some or all of them with the consent of your doctor, if EMDR is successful. You can find more info about EMDR at www.emdria.com, where you can also find a qualified therapist local to yourself. I do hope this information is helpful to you. It would be worth giving it a try so that you can go out again and see your beautiful country more often and start to live your life again in a more positive way.
Sarah, Psychologist
Experience: Chart'd Psych, 12 yrs exp. English prisons, Clinical Hypnotherapist, EMDR Therapist, BPS, HPC reg'd.