Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

My partner has not wanted to be intemet with me for a very

My partner has not wanted to be intemet with me for a very long time. S he blames it on menapause and is always making excuses.However she masturbates everyday several times a day.Mostly at night while I ly next to her.When I call her out on it she denies it.Could you please tell me what may be the problem with our relationship.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answers.

It sounds to me like she's having issues with sexual compulsivity, which can often lead to a person rejecting sex with a partner to compulsively masturbate. Let me give you a couple articles to read about this so that you can see if it fits.

If it does, you need to know that it isn't about you, and she's lost control of her behavior. A person can really get locked into that cycle and not know how to get out, but there are answers and plenty of help for both of you.

sexual anorexia

You can recover from this problem with your relationship becoming stronger if both are willing to work on it, so don't give up hope.

My best to you,