Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

I need to know what mental illness my ex has. It seemed to

I need to know what mental illness my ex has.
It seemed to be triggered from his Dad,who he caught with another family when he was 18 and he pushed his Dad's head through a window,and his Dad now has a scar.
In Feb this year,he punched his brother when he was drunk and his Dad sat him down and said he was disapointed in him. Since then he got insomnia,became very depressed. Got in alot of fights. Started to have conversations with people in his head (I don't know if they were imaginary or his friends).Kept telling me he wanted to die and one night he was drunk and came over after having a fight and had like a convulsion,his while body kept contracting and relaxing,then he sat up and starting crying saying he wanted to die and kill people.The next morning,he got up quickly and thought he had to be at work and spoke really quickly,bit hysterical then realised he didnt and fell back to sleep. His never had much expression in his face. Sex drive disapeared and he couldnt get an errection. Right before this all happened he said he woke up in the night and his bed was shaking and everything was moving around,he thought it was a ghost but I believe it was a psycotic episode? His hygiene started to suffer and he distanced himself from me,saying he couldnt cope and had his new job to worry about.This all lasted 3 months,but it could still be happening as I dont speak to him anymore. He never opened up to me about what he was thinking and just cryed,we eventually broke up. What mentall illness is this? Apparently his Mum had depression if this help.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answers.

It sounds like he might be suffering from schizophrenia or a seizure disorder, or both. He really should be evaluated for that so that he doesn't have one of his episodes while driving. There could be something going on in his nervous system like a growth of some sort that could cause these problems, but the most common reason for it would be schizophrenia.

schizophrenia

My best to you,
Anna
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: not enough detail,very short.
not enough detail,very short