Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

For Anna, What if The number one real problem between me

For Anna,
What if? The number one real problem between me and ex gf is religious goggles. I just took them off the other day, through a moment of excruciating mental agony. I was angry and realised that m floundering for two years has been the result of brainwashing to serve someones cult - I thought it was to serve God. Now I'm asking the question, what if I've been trying to see BPD when its not there, I just wanted it to be there so I can run away with my googles intact. Take them off, and I just have a girl bleating for attention because she loves me. However, when I have made a run for it, I cop extraordinary abuse. Thats a typical sign of bpd isnt't it? Not to mention the S&M traits and generally histrionic personality skeleton. Still, I'm not sure about much at the moment. Do you think this is a good time to be running off to USA to hang out with a very potent faith based group for 90 days? Fantastic reports of divine healing, but I can barely move.
Hey James,

No, I don't believe that off the cuff you should go to a different country and have an inclusive religious experience if you're just exiting a cult....and certainly not for 90 days. God can heal you at any location or one has His ear more than you do. No one deserves His love and care more or less than you do. You don't have to go to a monastery for that. If you're looking for a treatment center that helps people recover from childhood trauma, check out The Meadows in Arizona - they're known for their short and long term treatment and are accountable to the medical community and legal system here.

I can understand that you're questioning the bpd thing in light of your most recent discovery, but....her actions speak for themselves. Normal women don't bleat, and this gal does. Great word for it. Normal women break up with a guy and move on to find a relationship that works...they don't try and manipulate the guy back.

You're going to be questioning everything for awhile. Keep a little notebook of the things you question and let the Doctor know where your mind wanders to. I promise this confusion won't last forever....just keep detoxing and you'll get to the other side where you can think better, and things won't be so cloudy.

Sorry I had to move this out of chat again...I don't seem to be on when you are.

Hang in will get past this difficult & foggy time.