Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

For Anna, What a ride! Oh yay. I met someone of outstanding

For Anna,
What a ride! Oh yay. I met someone of outstanding interest to me in Denver but while I've been fighting this bpd gf she lost her patience. I wrote a letter of sincere apologies and I'm sure it will be read without much delight. You were right, the waste of time this is! I had a revelation the other day, coupled with tears and anguish of extreme magnitude. I've been floundering for two years and suddenly realised why. I was brainwashed in a cult. Up until now I still reserved my affections for the missions organisation I was talking about, just another irresponisble cult. So, now I know. Amazing how adaptable we are. However, I'm sure its a typical story on the path of NPD folks recovery, Infact I know it is. I'm still scared to read any more of that book. The darkness is overwhelming. Anyway, I'm sure I will when I'm ready. The prone to cults thing I gleaned on a website like NPD101 or something. Right now I'm a little worried the devil got me! Especially since I lost the missionary contact from a different group at the same moment it seems. So, as you read from the reply to your reply ( to my last question ) I'm aware that I'm addicted to the bpd drama. I was wondering if there is anything about that which might help me understand...yah I see it now, seeing myself alone in an internet cafe typing like mad, desperate for a hug, but frigid from the cold languishng between extremes.. I need to go for a walk...spot ya later. Maybe wait on that prescription for a touch of Bipolar.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Expert:  Anna replied 3 years ago.
Hey J,

I noticed you were offline, so I switched this to Q & A format...

Let the lost opportunity be a reminder of how crazy an person is when they're obsessed with someone. It's truly a loss, and painful.

I'm so sorry about your cult experience...which one is it? NPD children, or any Adult Children are so incredibly susceptible to fundamentalist religions who want to dominate your life, cults, and extreme religiosity. It's a way to find parenting. You can turn the devil away with your thoughts and prayers. Don't buy into all the hullabaloo...just move on.

I gave you some resources in my last post that will get you started. The book, Codependent No More is a standard in the field as is Love Addiction by Pia Mellody.

Let me assure you - Denver is not the new God. You can't switch from OneTrueLove to another...that's just plain addiction in a new outfit. Don't even go there right now...switching addictions isn't the answer you're looking for.

You'll get this...you really will. Your head will clear and you'll come to the phase where it's time to rebuild your life....it's scary, but it's really very rewarding and exciting.

Hang in there...you're on the right track.

Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience: Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.