Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified

i feel all day dispersonal and detached from my

i feel all day dispersonal and detached from my body all day im goimg crazy
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Tamara replied 6 years ago.
Has this happened to you before? Could you explain more about what you mean by detached and dispersonal? Let me know and I'll do my best to answer your question. Tamara
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i had it in the past but not so bad. they say anxiety and stress can do this
Expert:  Tamara replied 6 years ago.
Are you seeing a therapist? Do you have any medication to help you deal with your anxiety? Tamara
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i am but my question is how do i know its only anxiety
Expert:  Tamara replied 6 years ago.
Well, feelings of depersonalization and detachment can occur for some people with anxiety and stress. The sense of being outside yourself, or watching yourself, is related to severe anxiety, and sometimes panic attacks. If you have had these sensations before, and have been told they are related to anxiety - then you can feel fairly certain that that is what is going on for you today also. If you have some anti-anxiety medication, take a small dose and see if it helps your symptoms. There is likely nothing to worry about if this is periodic. But if it continues for extended periods of time, and medication doesn't seem to help, then it would be a good idea to talk with your Dr. and make sure there is nothing else going on.

Best wishes,and please let me know if I can answer any further questions. Tamara