Tamara
Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified
25965815

i have a problem. i have an affair at the beginning with this

i have a problem. i have an affair at the beginning with this man, my boss. he is married for 14 years with no child. it started 3 years ago. he lies to me at the beginning said her wife cheating on him, he was not happy with his marriage blablabla, and i was just seperate with my boyfriend that's where it begun.
my head is so full i think i need a therapy or psychologist because i cannot leave him now, since i help him at his business. he is going to divorce with his wive right now, which he insist but his wive not agree.
i need to talk to an expert, where i can seek help in this case? i live in california, usa. any advise?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Tamara replied 6 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm pleased to try to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you are finding yourself in this difficult situation. It sounds like this man has been giving you the run-around and that he is not being honest with you. The fact that you work for him has left you in a very awkward situation. Based on what you have described, I agree that it would be helpful for you to talk with a therapist or psychologist. You need some help to better understand the situation you are in, and to have some support while you figure out how you need to deal with it. There are many therapists located in California, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding someone. Do an internet search in your area for psychotherapists or psychologists, and find a few that look like they would deal with your issues, and that you think you could talk to. Then call them and talk for a few minutes and see if they feel comfortable for you. If they do, then go ahead and set an appointment and begin working with that person. If you end up not liking them, you can easily leave and find someone else. But do get some assistance to deal with this - you need some help to get away from this situation.

Best wishes, and please let me know if I can answer any further questions. Tamara