Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified

Hi do bipola patients have lows as well as getting angry

do bipola patients have lows as well as getting angry? The person I,m relating to has been told he has bipola but he does not get angry he gets severely depressed and says he will commit suicide .
is this what bipola does to one as I only know people with this to get angry and sometimes very violent
Who are you asking this about, and how old are they? How old are you? Tamara
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i am asking this about my daughters boyfriend he is 17 and i am 37 where do i click accept
Thank you for the further information. You don't need to click accept until after I answer your question (which I will do now). It is very common for people with bipolar disorder to get depressed, and even suicidal. Although some people with bipolar do have anger issues when they are in the manic phase of their illness, many people don't exhibit any anger, and then most noticeable symptoms are mania and depression. With the depression, one can definitely feel suicidal. If this is the case with your daughter's boyfriend. please encourage him to get some help.

Best wishes, and please let me know if I can answer any further questions. Tamara
I am not able to email you, but you can copy the information and paste it into an email and send it to yourself. Sorry I can't help with that. thank you. Tamara