Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified

I am in a relationship with a woman,we talk about the future

I am in a relationship with a woman,we talk about the future like travel,living together,in general long term together but.... when the subject of intimacy comes up she assures me that this will come later.... there is a physical side spasmodically but lacks the warmth when we talk about this she brings her past up i find this quite irritating especially after many conversations on this topic the answer is always "this will happen later" any comments this has been happening for the last 3 months the only thing she appears to be interested in is concerts,movies and the like
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Tamara replied 6 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm pleased to try to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having these problems in your relationship. I'm sure this has been very frustrating for you. It would be hard for me to comment on what might be going on for his woman that she would be avoiding intimacy - but I think the botXXXXX XXXXXne is that you are losing your patience and that is certainly understandable. If a sexual relationship is important to you, then you might want to consider moving on from this relationship. I think 3 months is enough time to overcome any worry on her part that sex is all you are interested in, and you are certainly at an age where you should be having a fulfilling relationship at every level. So I would suggest you try to talk with her about how you feel, and that you are at the point of considering ending the relationship because of the lack of intimacy. If she isn't understanding and responsive, then you probably should move on to someone who is better able to have an intimate relationship.

Best wishes, and please let me know if I can answer any further questions. Tamara