Dr. Bonnie
Dr. Bonnie, Psychologist and RN
Experience:  35 years experience counseling children and families

I am constantly being accused of not focusing or paying attenion

Customer Question

I am constantly being accused of not focusing or paying attenion even at work? Sometimes gives me a feeling of stupidity? I have a lack of intrest in almost everything and can become bored rather easily. Why?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Bonnie replied 6 years ago.
Hi...I hope I can help

The first things that comes to mind is Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Here is a questionnaire to complete to see if it fits. There are other possibilities such as superior intelligence. Individuals with high IQ's can appear to have ADHD as well.

If the questionnaire helps you to decide you may have ADHD and if you have had this problem since childhood (the diagnosis requires this), then, take results to your primary MD or a psychiatrist for a trial of medication. You'll be glad you did.

If this helped, press ACCEPT or if you have a follow up question, feel free to ask.