Sarah, Psychologist
Experience:  Chart'd Psych, 12 yrs exp. English prisons, Clinical Hypnotherapist, EMDR Therapist, BPS, HPC reg'd.

hi Sarah I meant to add to my previous question that my thirteen

hi Sarah I meant to add to my previous question that my thirteen year old daughter also experienced the death of my mother over a two year period. I took care of my mother, in my home. She had terminal cancer and Liz, my daughter saw her deteriorate to a mere 45 lbs. before dying in my house.
HiCustomer Thanks for your info, I have just picked it up. yes, having your mum at home for your daughter to see whilst she was very ill could have added to your daughter's behaviours. Children often blame themselves for what happens around them because they do not have the adult capacity to understand it and from birth they are learning to detach themselves from situations. Liz may have been doing some such behaviours thinking to herself 'if I do this then Granny won't die'. I have to say here that NO-ONE is to blame. You cared for your mum with the best of intentions and we cannot always predict the consequences. your daughter also had the opportunity to see how much you cared for and loved your mum, so I think it wasn't all negative. it isn't necessary or helpful for me to say what happened exactly for your daughter because the answers are all in Liz's subconscious mind - I am explaining how it could have been for you to understand. the beauty of this therapy is that the therapist will not expect Liz to have all of the conscious understanding of where it all came from and how it has developed. Nor will anything that is relevant be left out, because the subconscious mind will do it all for her under the guidance of the therapist. If you are able to go with Liz, you will see what i mean. I do so wish you all the very best with this and I hope Liz can find some peace. Sarah

Edited by Sarah on 8/1/2010 at 9:01 PM EST