Mina
Mina, Clinical Psychologist
Experience:  Working as a Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist in NHS. Experience in both children and adults

i am currently a dbt patient and have extremely intense emotions

i am currently a dbt patient and have extremely intense emotions right now. I have 3 months left with my current therapist and i already have major anger and worry thoughts that he hates me and can't wait to be done with me. I have attachment issues and major self harm and suicidal urges. my husband and i are divorcing and we have 3 small girls. i told them yesterday and they all are so sad and angry. i can't handle hurting them like this but their father is abusive and he would have sex with me at 3 in the morning while i was semi-conscious-not my idea of consent. i hate myself and want to be dead. how will i be able to do this on my own?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Mina replied 3 years ago.
Hi and thank you for contacting us.

It sounds like you are experiencing a very difficult situation. You are currently dealing with a major change in your life that affects not only you but your three girls as well and this seems to induce great feelings of guilt to you. However, you have made your decision to divorce for the reasons you feel best, XXXXX XXXXX an unpleasant situation and an abusive relationship. Although it is too soon to see it, you seem to have taken the right step to improve your life and your children's life. Obviously now you can only see the short term effects of it, which is the shock, pain and anger on the behalf of your daughters, which is very understandable and expectable reaction.

I would suggest to you to speak to your therapist about your feelings about the current situation but also your feelings that you are not ready to end your therapy. You have just entered a difficult period of your life, during which you will experience intense conflicting feelings and you need help, support and guidance through it. I am certain that if you are truthful about your feelings, you therapist will reevaluate his decision. You should not deal with all this alone.

I hope this helps

All the best

Mina
Mina, Clinical Psychologist
Experience: Working as a Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist in NHS. Experience in both children and adults