Dr. Michael
Dr. Michael, Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Ph.D. Clinical Health Psychology with 30 years of experience in private practive and as a clinical psychology university professor.
28397935

How do I know if it was present since birth

How do I know if it was present since birth?
I would like to answer your question but need more information about what you ask "How do I know if it was present since birth?"

What is the "it" you refer to?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

How do I know asbergers was present since birth?

If you have been formally diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, it is universally understood by experts that you were born with it. Scientists at present, only have theories about the genetic or biological basis of Aspergers. The life adjustment of Asperger kids is affected by the level of severity of the symptoms of Aspergers and very importantly, how their parents, the school system and the child's social network react and relate to the person with Aspergers.

You are aware that a good many persons with Asperger's can show exceptional abilities in certain areas of cognitive functioning, though they struggle a great deal forming and maintaining social relationships. Thus, I've known quite a number of adults with Aspergers who were top engineers and mathematicians. So it is very important for the individual to work to discover what they may have talents in and expend time and resources to development, just like anyone else.

Hope this addresses your question. Let me know if it does not.

"PLEASE.....be considerate of your expert. If the information shared with you has been helpful, confirm this by Accepting their answer. Thank you!"