Steven Olsen
Steven Olsen, Therapist
Experience:  More than twenty years of expertise in counseling, psychological diagnosis and education

I slowly tapered off prozac (for anxiety) in March of 2010.

I slowly tapered off prozac (for anxiety) in March of 2010. I had to stop because it was too stimulating (chest pains,insonmia, heightened anxiety) I was fine for about a month off the prozac. Then I started having mild anxiety and loose BM. My anxiety hit it's peak on July 22nd 2010. I have not been able to eat much since then. I have lost weight and I have no appetite. It causes me panic to try and eat. I have been eating very small meals when I can. I am starting to get weak and tired. Should I go to the ER?
The hospital I would go to has a Mental Health Unit. I am so scared right now! I just want my stomach to relax and stop hurting so I can eat! I am so hungry :( What should I do? I am assuming that this is because of the lack of seretonin in my gut. I also have hormonal issues (High FSH and LH levels) and my periods have been only 2 a year since 2006. My gyno thinks it is premature ovarian failure. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
It sounds very obviously that you need to seek out a physician. I would go. I usually do not give so simple an answer, but your health is just to valuable to take risks.