Selah R, M.S. LPC
Selah R, M.S. LPC, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor; over 13+ yrs exp working with adults, teens, & families/couples.

Can I take restavit to sleep when taking efexor xr 150mg and

Can I take restavit to sleep when taking efexor xr 150mg and kalma .05mg
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Selah R, M.S. LPC replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your important question.

According to the drug interaction database, Restavit can be used safely with Effexor XR. But Restavit and Kalma need to be combined with caution because they can make the sedative effect of each stronger than normal. You should check with your doctor to make sure it is not a risk for you based on your medical conditions. Most doctors do not recommend taking sleep aids on a nightly basis because it disrupts the body's ability to naturally initiate and maintain normal sleep. Do not operate a vehicle or engage in other potentially dangerous activities after you take Restavit along with Kalma until you know how the combination is going to effect you. I would also not recommend taking them at the same time (like both at bedtime) unless approved by your doctor.