Sarah, Psychologist
Experience:  Chart'd Psych, 12 yrs exp. English prisons, Clinical Hypnotherapist, EMDR Therapist, BPS, HPC reg'd.

for sarah, do you think that im now suffering from picnolepsy

for sarah, do you think that im now suffering from picnolepsy well im not if that is what you thought i just want to kow what is wrong with me why my train of thought is nowadays effected when medical proffesionals are meant to be helping me.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Sarah replied 6 years ago.
not sure you are still waiting for an answer for this one as our answers overlapped -just replying to move it on from the page. Picnolepsy is when someone dissociates from reality for a while, ie they drift off in their own thoughts every now and then. Everyone does this to some extent when they daydream, but it can be a defense mechanism by the subconscious mind to protect the self when memories re-appear. keep StrongCustomer look after yourself, Sarah

Edited by Sarah on 7/31/2010 at 5:53 PM EST