Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

I wish to speak with a counsellor regarding pseudo philosophical/psycological

I wish to speak with a counsellor regarding pseudo philosophical/psycological beliefs regarding halucinotory mushrooms and child abuse, which I have endured. I previously think that I haven't channelled my questions properly and have some pending (sorry about that) questions on the system consequent to this, please can you help?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answers.

What question would you like answered?
Anna
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
All of them as I believe that my ignorance in relation to my current treatment is causing a problem in the treatment itself. Apologies for being annoying but I am very concerned that professionals are 'gold digging my misery'. I have been going on about this for 10 years and am furious that no one addresses my questions. Whereas so far with regard to hallucinogen mushrooms you were very helpful.
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.
You're welcome. So your question on the other thread about the mushrooms is answered now? (I'm trying to clear out some of the doubles here.)

Anna
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ill wait but ive been here ages apparently the site is not compatible with google chrome even though it has been.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Have that situation sorted out. Technology is not my strong point. Anyway would you like to know the background history?
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

The mushroom question is still open, so if that is answered to your satisfaction, please accept it. I think you might be better to let this thread drop and compose a new question with your full history and what you're looking to have answered .
Anna
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If your sure. I was abused as a child by a priest sexually and physically but did not speak out about the abuse until the year 2000. I am now 34 and have been going on about this abuse to profesionals for 10 years and it has overtaken my life. I no longer speak to people and feel very isolated. What can I do to get myself out of this mess that I haven't got myself into?

Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

If you're depressed, get medical treatment for it. If you have PTSD, I recommend EMDR treatment. If you've done all that in the 10 years you've been dealing with the abuse, then I'd say to lay it down and walk away.

Sometimes people can get too caught up in recovering from abuse. You don't have to identify yourself as a survivor forever. If you've dealt with this for 10 years, I'd say to stop dealing with it. Walk away and decide what you want in your life. Don't let it define who you are in sickness or in health.

Not speaking to people and being isolated is usually more about depression and anxiety after 10 years of treatment for sexual abuse. I suggest you look in those areas and 'stop' recovering from the sexual abuse. It might just be the mental shakeup that can jump start you into a new future.

Mushrooms won't do a thing for you.

My best to you.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.

Thanks!

Anna

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
for Anna. I can't walk away from the abuse. I now have a lawyer and we are soon going to court. I also have a meeting with a pysciatrist on the 9th of August in relation to the abuse.

I have suffered great financial loss and I believe have been treated very unfairly by proffesionals who are meant to be acting in my interests with regard to my mental health and am worried that so called cures will make me worse. For example I was sectioned under the menatl health act against my wishes and absolutely hated it. I also had to take medication (risperdol) against my wishes.

What is PTSD (if relevant) I have pyscotic sysophrenia and am now on 5mg aripriprozole twice daily which is ok.

My lawyer said that i need pyscotherapy. In view of the previous disaster when sectioned Im concerened but I still want financial compensation for the abuse for reasons previously stated and not to be spent on therapies that wont work, but am concerened that someone will say im cured when im not, im furious at the proffesionals i have so far dealt with its like they are blind to the situation.

Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

I don't know what to tell you, Zoom. It sounds like you're getting legal help and have medical help on the way with your appt on the 9th. Both should serve you well. No form of psychotherapy is going to work with every client, and of course there are poor practitioners out there. I'm sorry it's been so unworkable for you, but I'm not surprised as psychotic schizophrenia can make psychotherapy very difficult.

PTSD is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder....it's the medical term for emotional damage brought on by a traumatic event. You can google it for more information. EMDR is a common treatment for it, which if you google PTSD treatment, you'll see references to it.

I hope your appt and your lawsuit work out well for you. Take care.

Anna
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
for Anna, thank yo for your reply. I agree that the situation is now positive. However, previously the way I have been treated in my opinion is unacceptable on a proffesional level. My point is that are the medical proffesion deliberately bad in treatment as a consenous in the treatement of patients suffering from pyscotic schizophrenia. The only positive effect would surely be to alleviate the underlying cause of the illness. I have read the medlineplus website which was very helpful but has caused further issues. I don' t believe for example that children can be born with schizophrenia from a womb disfunction, children cry for attention have limited perception of the world, fact. Furthering this is that there is no way that the illness can be diagnosed although i would put myself as paranoid schizophrenia. My concern is that i also need to see the defense doctor who believes this to be the case.

Medication for the treatment of pyscotic schizophrenia didn't work for me it actually made me worse i was previously on risperdol and olanzapine both of which i hated and consquently self medicated with alcohol to sleep at this time. After discussions with my doctor we have agreed that the diagnosis was pyscosis. But i would say that if medication is to be prescribed with alarming side effects, loss of lobido and extreme drowsiness shouldn't the doctor make you aware of this. Yes there is an accompanying leaflet but i pop meds all the time that don't induce paranoia from a physical dysfunction (loss of lobido). My arguement is that the medication actually induced the pyscosis as previously it must of been schizophrenia as i went to the doctor and was suffering insomnia due to nightmares which had an un-nerving reality. Therefore is it common practice for a doctor to prescribe anti pyscotics without discussion. Surely it should of been in conjunction with counselling? Yes i was refered after complaining but NHS referals aren't the quickest and after feeling that i was being experimented on made me very wary.
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

Hey Zoom,

I have to close out this thread, as we're not in the chat format, and I'm supposed to just answer the original question. I agree that there are many problems with mental health, and that we only can work with what we have, which is very little. Perhaps one day we'll know what we're working with, but for now, we do not.

Take care.
Anna