Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified

Hi please advise me on how to battle depression sleep probs.Had

please advise me on how to battle depression sleep probs.Had this problem now for 2 years

i know where it stems from.

can you recommend any one for councilling or anything to help me sort this.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Tamara replied 6 years ago.
Could you give me a little more background information about what kind of problems you are having and what you have tried already. Thank. Tamara
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I dont sleep as i should i wake up about 3 to 4 times a night ever since i worked nights i used to go straight back to sleep now i dont. i drink about 9 to 12 cans on a sat night not much at all during the week if any. Feel so tired most of the time.

It all started with someone on holiday 2 years ago.

Expert:  Tamara replied 6 years ago.
There could be many reasons that you are having trouble sleeping. There may be physical problems, or psychological problems, or both. I would suggest you see your Dr. and discuss the situation, and get some medication to help you sleep. If you feel it is more of an emotional issue, then I would suggest you get some therapy to help you sort through it. It is common to have sleep problems as you get older, but there are so many things that can affect that that it would make it impossible for me to say exactly what was wrong for you. See your Dr. and/or a therapist, and get some help from them.

best wishes, and please let me know if I can answer any further questions. Tamara