Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified

I have a US prescription for Adderall but I am in Costa Rica

I have a US prescription for Adderall but I am in Costa Rica and no adderall is sold here. Is there a mechanism in which I can get adderall?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Tamara replied 6 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm pleased to try to help you today.

You would need to send your prescription to a company that does mail order medication (e.g. and see if you can get it that way. But if Costa Rica doesn't allow Adderall in the country, then that won't work. If they do allow it and just don't have it, then you shouldn't have a problem doing it online through another country.

Best wishes, and please let me know if I can answer any further questions. Tamara
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well. That moves me a little closer to an answer, but maybe a bit more information from my end is necessary. Adderall is legal in Costa Rica. It is just not sold here in CR. So, I could in face even get a prescription here, but no pharmacy carries it, so that doesn't work. does not send controlled substances overseas, even with a prescription. So, maybe the question can be best targetted as the following: With your informed background... is there any Latin American online or even via telephone/fax that you can suggest as trustworthy prescription service? I think my doctor can fax to whoever. Also... I believe this is a question that many expatriates have. ie, my prescription for ____ cannot be filled in the country of ____. Thanks again
Expert:  Tamara replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to that. I will opt out of the question and see if another expert can answer. Thank you. Tamara